The SportsFathers Episode #9 (Jan. 8, 2013): GAME ON!
Join Frs. Andrew, Darryl, Travis, and Geoffrey in the discussion!
Topics we discussed:
- The NHL season will likely be 48 games long, and teams will only play within their conference.
- We talk about the Canadian NHL teams. We have a bit of a battle of Alberta going on: Fr. Andrew is a fan of the Oilers, while Frs. Travis, Geoff, and Darryl cheer for the Flames. (Go Flames!)
- Don Fehr and Gary Bettman: Will they be around when the new CBA runs its course?
- NHL and its fans: Canadian fans will probably come back eventually. TV deals in the USA may be a challenge with all these labour disruptions.
- A possible olive branch to the fans is being thrown around: Make the NHL Centre Ice Package free this season for watching all the games.
- Toronto has already lost a game (Winter Classic) and has been mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. 😉
- Shout out to @Armdog (Colby Armstrong)
- Montreal Canadiens – shout out to the many fans. Hopefully we don’t get too much hate mail from all of them…
- The successes (or otherwise) of athletes named Todd
- Football: The Vikings and the college bowl games
- Alabama hung on for the win over Notre Dame
- R.A. Dickey was introduced as a new pitcher for the Toronto Blue Jays.
Subscribe with iTunes or another podcasting program with the following feed: http://thesportsfathers.com/?feed=podcast